Ports with duplicate LATEST_LINKS

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Tue Feb 17 11:20:38 PST 2004

In message <20040217165207.GC2226 at schweikhardt.net>, Jens Schweikhardt
writes:
> [...]
> # >  MAINTAINER=	llevier at argosnet.com
> # >  COMMENT=	Bruce Force Attack Utility working on multiple network services
> # >
> # > +LATEST_LINK=	security/hydra
> #
> # No, that's illegal, this is supposed to be the name of a symlink in
> # Latest/, so you can't use a subdirectory.
>
> And even though I came to feel the Bruce Force, I think that's a typo,
> isn't it?

When I first saw this I thought so too, however a search for "Bruce Force"
on Google seems to indicate that it's some kind of password cracker. Many
of the docs I found are in German and as I don't use that language much any
more, my German reading skills are pretty rusty these days. Given that the
words are capitalised seems to indicate that it is intended as a name. The
port's maintainer might possibly enlighten us.

--
Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5231
Team Leader, Solaris Team        Email:  Cy.Schubert at osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, CITS
Ministry of Management Services
Province of BC