portupgrade-20040208 -- portsdb ignores IGNORE_CATEGORIES and EXTRA_CATEGORIES

Conrad Burger conrad.burger at swistgroup.com
Tue Feb 17 08:25:07 PST 2004

Click here to view our e-mail legal notice:
http://www.swistgroup.com/email.htm or call: +27 21 888 7920

Hi

I have a FreeBSD 4.9 system using portupgrade-20030723 and portsdb adhere to the
IGNORE_CATEGORIES and EXTRA_CATEGORIES I specify in the pkgtools.conf file.

Installed another FreeBSD 4.9 system with portupgrade-20040208, but
portupgrade-20040208
just ignores the IGNORE_CATEGORIES and EXTRA_CATEGORIES setting. It builds a
INDEX/INDEX.db of the entire
ports collection!

Is this a new feature or possibly a bug?

Any help would be much appreciated, I need to deliver a working system to a
client ASAP.

Regards

Conrad Burger
Support Engineer
TEBiVO Business Continuity
Cell: +27 82 442 8760
Conrad[at]tebivo.com
Tel: +27 21 888 7956 Fax: +27 21 888 7979

Click here to view our e-mail legal notice:
http://www.tebivo.com/email.htm or call: +27 21 888 7920