mozilla-devel

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Sun Feb 15 10:30:56 PST 2004

Adam Weinberger wrote:
> Then you can use portupgrade -o www/mozilla-devel-gtk2 mozilla-gtk2\*
> when the time comes.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think it solves the problem of *knowing*
when the time comes.  When the versions were different I could just do a cvsup
and a portupgrade -n (suitably egreped) to figure out what needed upgrading.
If I change the origin of mozilla-devel then I still won't know when it's
updated -- unless I've misunderstood something.

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
>  It seems there ought to be a better way to do this;
> setting the suffix to -devel and chaining to the mozilla makefile seems
> to make sense....

If I understand right, Adam is saying that there can't be two ports
"mozilla-1.6", but wasn't Brandon's suggestion to make the devel port called
"mozilla-devel-1.6", then there aren't two ports with the same name and version?

There seem to be precedents for this e.g. xemacs-devel-21.5.b15,
gqview-devel-1.3.7 and others.

If the port were called mozilla-devel, presumably it could either just point
to mozilla, or it could duplicate it (which might make it easier to maintain
when a new devel release does come along).

--Alex