mozilla-devel

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 15 09:01:59 PST 2004

>> (02.15.2004 @ 1153 PST): Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH said, in 0.8K: <<
> On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 11:48, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> > > Now, I can't simply use portupgrade to upgrade from 1.6a to 1.6.  Instead I
> > > have to de-install mozilla-devel and install mozilla.
> >
> > Sure you can.
> >
> > portupgrade -o www/mozilla-gtk2 mozilla-gtk2\*
>
> But that doesn't answer the second half of his question (switching back
> to mozilla-devel when it again differs from mozilla), so isn't really
> all that useful.  It seems there ought to be a better way to do this;
> setting the suffix to -devel and chaining to the mozilla makefile seems
> to make sense....
>> end of "Re: mozilla-devel" from Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH <<

Then you can use portupgrade -o www/mozilla-devel-gtk2 mozilla-gtk2\*
when the time comes.

The problem is that you can't have 2 ports with the same versions. It'll
break INDEX builds.

However, if you're just doing this locally, you can copy
www/mozilla to www/mozilla-devel and change everything around to:
(a) install into the proper locations
  and
(b) name itself correctly (MOZ_SUFX and PKGNAMESUFX}

You're welcome to try that if you'd like, or play with @origin in
/var/db/pkg/mozilla-gtk2-etc./+CONTENTS.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adam at vectors.cx // adamw at FreeBSD.org // adamw at magnesium.net