my first port

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 14 07:10:58 PST 2004

>> (02.14.2004 @ 0306 PST): Hugo Meiland said, in 0.6K: <<
> Hi All,
>
> A few days ago I took up the courage and send my first PR with my very
> first own created port...now i'm not quite sure....
> here is the port listed, and the included patch is gone trough:
> shar -> tar -> compress -> uuencode -> pr-send
> anything i should change or is this really the correct process?
>
> Thank all in advance,
> Hugo
>> end of "my first port" from Hugo Meiland <<

The process isn't incorrect, the more correcter process is simply
shar -> send-pr.

Please check on:
	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-submitting.html
and ignore the part about tarballing and uuencoding it.

Basically, shar `find ./portname` > yourport.shar ; send-pr -a ./yourport.shar

What you submitted isn't incorrect or invalid. But, with my limited
FreeBSD time, I personally tend to ignore PRs where I can't read the
content, and I know I'm not the only one.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adam at vectors.cx // adamw at FreeBSD.org // adamw at magnesium.net