ruby in malloc(): error: allocation failed Abort (core dumped)

Edwin Culp eculp at viviendaatualcance.com.mx
Wed Feb 11 04:28:20 PST 2004

This error seems to be part of the threading issue or was brought to light by
it.

First I'm running current as of yesterday, while doing a portupgrade -Rrua
during the rebuild of portupgrade.  I tried to get past it by recompiling
qmake, etc. with no luck so I added a /etc/libmap.conf based on the man page,
recompiled everything based other's information on the mailling list.  I even
blew away my ports tree, distfiles, etc and resuped all.  Everything is/was
working except portupgrade/ruby.  When I start portupgrade or friends, I get
the above malloc message and signal 6 from ruby.

--->  Session started at: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:02:56 -0600
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb1_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 301 packages found
(-26 +17) (...)ruby in malloc(): error: allocation failed
Abort (core dumped)

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.  I'm blocked.

ed