NEdit 5.4 and open-motif 2.2.2

Adam McLaurin adam.mclaurin at gmx.net
Mon Feb 9 12:34:50 PST 2004

Hi Daniel,

In your comments for the NEdit 5.4 update, you say:
"Update Nedit to 5.4.  Note that our open-motif port is at 2.2.2 which
is known to be buggy.  It was pulled from the opengroup site.  Nedit now
checks the version of motif and issues a very loud warning when it is
built."

Should we take this as a warning not to use NEdit for mission-critical
editing? I normally use NEdit for my conf files and such, as it's quite
easy to use and traditionally extremely reliable.

What's going on with the open-motif port? What is particularly buggy
about it?

Thanks.

--
Adam