question: maintaining patch separately from ports cvs

"." at babolo.ru "." at babolo.ru
Sun Feb 8 05:35:45 PST 2004

Sorry for delay

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 09:57:19AM +0100, Mohacsi Janos wrote:

> > > Use cvs to check out and update your ports tree - see the handbook for
> > > documentation.
> >
> > Are you referring to the AnonCVS section?
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/anoncvs.html
> >
> > There no way to maintain a local only files with CVSUP mirroring?
>
> What most developers do is cvsup the entire CVS repository and check
> it out locally.
>
> > Like foo/bar/files/patch-local1 ? How can I save from being overwritten by
> > the cvsup mirror?
>
> Apparently you can do it with a "local branch" (documented in the
> handbook and/or CVSup FAQ), but I don't know if many people do that,
> or how difficult and impractical it is to use.
How can "local branch" distributed?

Let's assume such patches not "local" but "private".
I have a lot of nodes, where server contains my patches
for ports, patches distributed via my anonimous CVS server,
and automatically applyed with
http://free.babolo.ru/patch/ports.Mk.port.mk.patch
(successor to my PR/45200).

How can I distribute my patches across hosts without
separate hierarhy for that?