Suggestion for distinction of XS Perl ports

Christopher Nehren apeiron at comcast.net
Fri Feb 6 15:53:46 PST 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 16:52:44 EST, parv scribbled these
curious markings:
> I did not want to explicitly say that adding 'XS' to a Perl module
> port's name for the sole reason to make it easy for one person to
> upgrade was silly.
>
> See also...
>
>   http://groups.google.com/groups?th=69ac9ba85ec82d5a

Okay, that makes sense.

> That seems a better/cleaner idea than to put XS in a port's
> directory name.

Agreed. I'd personally like to see something like this, and wouldn't
mind maintaining it either. For someone like me (who has close to a
hundred Perl modules installed), it can be a great time saver,
especially on a low-resource machine.

I'd also like to receive more comments about this -- if it is to make
it into FreeBSD, I want it to work as well as possible.

pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-
Please CC me in all replies, even if I'm on the relevant list(s).