Substitution in pkg-message

SørenDebois debois at diku.dk
Fri Feb 6 11:21:50 PST 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 11:18:50AM -0500, Trevor Johnson wrote:
> I assume that "..." stands for the name of the package file, and by
> respecting it you mean printing the PKGMESSAGE.  If so I'm puzzled because
> it works here (I'm on 5.2-RELEASE).

I was hoping for some solution such that

        add_pkg -p /tmp/foo mosml-2.01.tbz

would produce the message

        Please consult /tmp/foo/share/doc/mosml/README.FreeBSD before use.

whereas with the suggested solution I get

        Please consult /usr/local/share/doc/mosml/README.FreeBSD before use.

I suspect that the behaviour I was hoping for is simply not supported by
add_pkg?

--
	--- Debois