ports/62302: SIZE in distinfos causes failure with FETCH_CMD=wget

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at apropo.ro
Thu Feb 5 02:44:15 PST 2004

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 11:23:38 +0100
des at des.no (Dag-Erling Smørgrav) wrote:

> Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at apropo.ro> writes:
> > des at des.no (Dag-Erling Smørgrav) wrote:
> > > echo 'FETCH_BEFORE_FLAGS=-R' >>/etc/make.conf
> > Many times this results in a 'local file time doesn't match remote'
> > errors which doesn't happen with wget or axel. If using -F the checksum
> > won't match, at least from my experiments.
>
> No.  -R is not -r.  All -R does is not delete the file if the transfer
> fails or is interrupted.

Yes, but 1) FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS defaults to ARr (ok, it can be change) and
2) I don't see any practical reason to have only R - what to do with an
incomplete downloaded archive ?

> > It also happen that fetch produce sometimes 'File unavailable (e.g.,
> > file not found, no access)', while with FETCH_CMD=/usr/bin/ftp make
> > fetch works.
>
> When that happens, please send me the URL that failed.

It's a private machine.

AFAIK the web interface doesn't work so I cannot give you a link but
I'll forward you the mail if you like; please see: