wxgtk build error libpthred related

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Wed Feb 4 16:19:50 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 18:51, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Today I updated my ports, after the libpthread and bsd.port.mk
> changes....the only ports that don't compile is wxgtk-common....this
> happens when trying to configure it:
>
> [...]
> checking for GTK+ version...
> checking for gtk-config... /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk12-config
> checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.7... Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> [...]
>
> I looked in the config.log and tried to manually compile and execute the
> test program. It compiles but dumps with the following message:
>
> Fatal error 'Spinlock called when not threaded.' at line 83 in file
> /usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_spinlock.c (errno = 0)

The last time we saw this it was because the resulting binary had both
libc_r and libpthread linked into it.  First, make sure you've cvsup'd
-CURRENT today and done the rebuild or world and kernel.  Then rebuild
all ports that depend on gtk12 (including gtk12).  If you still have
problems, use ldd to see if any of the gtk12 libraries have both libc_r
and libpthread linked to them.  You may want to run ldd on the test
program first to see if that's the case, but I'm pretty sure it is based
on a similar NSS problem last night.

Joe