Vulnerability check disabled

Paul Andrews andrews at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 4 14:52:26 PST 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to determine whether or not this is a problem. I installed FreeBSD 4.9 today and just cvsup the latest ports tree. Now whenever I try to build any port before it started to download any of the files I get the following error:

"===> Vulnerability check disabled"

I have another FreeBSD 4.9 book that I have yet to up-date the tree on, and I do not get the above message. Is this something I should be concerned about or can it be safely ignore, or is this a larger issue?

Please reply to both the mailing list and to me directly, thanks.

---
Paul Andrews
E-mail: andrews at shaw.ca