FreeBSD Port: etherboot-5.0.8

Rob nospam at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 4 00:56:50 PST 2004

Hi,

Are there particular reasons why etherboot is not upgraded to a more recent version?
5.2.3 has been released.

Recently I started some communication with the etherboot mailing list and the FreeBSD
OS is not well know here. I suppose the people here are also not familiar with typical
FreeBSD issues.

One issue is the way etherboot creates floppy disks. FreeBSD can only write full blocks
of 512 bytes to raw devices. But other (Linux) can write also fraction of blocks.

I wonder if there are more such critical FreeBSD issues, and if that is the reason
why the ports are not upgraded.

Regards,
Rob.