ports/62302: SIZE in distinfos causes failure with FETCH_CMD=wget

Clement Laforet sheepkiller at cultdeadsheep.org
Tue Feb 3 03:48:24 PST 2004

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:04:08 +0100
Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com> wrote:

[ good bye gnats followup ]

> - we have a reason to support other file transfer utilities (e.g. they
> support
>   distributed downloading or special firewall protocols) and have to
>   fix this.

IMHO, we should support different file transfer utilities. I use wget or
curl sometimes to check fetching, or limit bandwidth. USE_SIZE should be
supported when you use fetch, and skipped when you use wget.
like ${CC}, use an altnertive at your own risk.

perhaps we should add, something like this...

.if ${FETCH_CMD:M/usr/bin/fetch} != ""
FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS+=     $${CKSIZE:+-S $$CKSIZE}
.endif

clem