FreeBSD Port: courier-imap-2.2.1,1

Ian Mahuron ian at mahuron.org
Mon Feb 2 14:42:43 PST 2004

I have not contacted the developers.  I am not sure this has anything to do
with MySQL integration.  On a hunch, I downgraded after reading the
following thread:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2003-August/003718.html

The CPU utilization issue was also present on my installation.  While
trying to query a folder with more than 10 messages in it, utilization for
that daemon would reach 99% utilization until I shot it down with SIGTERM.
By downgrading, I was able to kill two birds with one stone.  Both issues
which occurred under 2.2.1 are absent in 2.1.1.

You will notice that the aforementioned thread references issues in 2.1.0
and a downgrade to 2.0.  Do you recall what was changed between 2.1.0 and
2.1.1?  2.1.1 seems quite stable.

I have not tried 2.1.2 or 2.2.0.

Ian

--On Monday, February 02, 2004 23:10 +0100 Oliver Lehmann