ports/43771: LaTeX ports mixed between print and textproc (was:Re: Do we need a new major category (latex)?)

Mon Feb 2 06:47:37 PST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 23:07:44 -0600
Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:

> One of the abandonded PRs I adopted has to do with this (ports/43771).
> In it, the question is asked, should this be a virtual category, or a
> physical one?  (I might slightly favor the latter).
>
> The other question that's asked in there is whether some ports currently
> in "print" really belong in either converters, or possibly textproc.  (There
> is some overlap).  I'd like to get other people's opinions on whether
> those ports need repocopies, or at the least, secondary categories.

New major category "tex":
 - everything related

Exceptions:
 - lyx: belongs IMHO into editor
 - lout: reading the pkg-descr and the hompage I don't see why it
   should belong into tex... it's "LaTeX like", but that's all

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I will be available to get hired in April 2004.