sane

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Feb 1 07:46:50 PST 2004

In message: <20040201132716.295f5a24 at Magellan.Leidinger.net>
            Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> writes:
: On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:58:03 -0700 (MST)
: "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
:
: > Is there any reason why sane-backend, and depend ports depend on the
: > gettext-old port instead of the gettext port?  Changing these in a few
:
: Because Trevor changed all ports which previously depended on gettext to
: depend upon getext-old and nobody cared to check if it works with the
: new one or not.
:
: > places seems to make it build OK and doesn't conflict with the other
: > ports that I have installed in my tree that want the new version
: > (unless I'm just being stupid, and should force the old version to
: > install).
:
: The only reason why you should use the old one is: both gettext ports
: conflict with each other and as long as you have a lot dependencies on
: the old one you can't use the new one. If it works for you, go ahead and
: use it.
:
: I think most of the ports committers wait for an official "this is the
: way to go" statement from gettext-involved persons.

Fair enough.  I'm getting conflicts from ports I have installed that
use the new one.  Just thought I'd report this subtree works.

Warner