Need a little assistance porting 'boggle' from NetBSD

Jon Nathan jon at rupture.net
Tue Dec 28 12:00:15 PST 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to build a FreeBSD port of boggle from NetBSD's base
system.  I checked out their sources, made a bunch of modifications so
that it would compile under FreeBSD, and built out the port skeleton.

The program runs as expected except for one small thing.  After
displaying the help file, it doesn't clear the screen to display
the puzzle.  I've tried to add calls to each of the clear-screen-looking
functions, but can't get it to work.

The port skeleton is available here:

http://www.rupture.net/~jon/boggle/bog.tar.gz

The boggle source, as I've cobbled it together, is here:

http://www.rupture.net/~jon/boggle/boggle-8.2.tar.gz

If anyone could help me get this one last bit to work, that would
be great.  (I emailed Barry Brachman, listed as the original auther,
but got no response.)  The included 'patch-af' shows where I've tried
to add clear-screen calls.

Thanks,

-Jon

--