The Muse's News Songwriting Newsletter Subscription Confirmed

The Muses News jodi at musesmuse.com
Mon Dec 27 10:59:10 PST 2004

This email is being sent to you to confirm your subscription to The Muse's News Songwriting Newsletter.  Thanks very much for subscribing! I feel confident
you'll find a lot to help you in this newsletter.

This intro letter is pretty long, but I think it's important for you to read the whole thing.

**You might also want to keep it handy for later reference.**

The VERY first thing you'll want to make sure you do, is put this newsletter, which will come from me at jodi at musesmuse.com, on your whitelist (ie: accepted emails).  PLEASE make sure you do this or you may not receive this newsletter and you may never know *why*.

With that said, here's the information you need about your
subscription:

The Muse's News is a newsletter for songwriters on the net,
published every month and is free of charge.  It includes helpful articles, reviews and listings of songwriting contests, as well as a classified section for market information and helpful services.

Subscription Policy
-------------------
Please note that The Muse's News is only mailed out to those email addresses for which a subscription request has been received. If a friend has subscribed you without your knowledge (i.e. you start receiving issues even though you never subscribed), you can request to be taken off the list by sending a message to remove-956607818 at ezinedirector.net

To unsubscribe or subscribe

OR

To Unsubscribe:
Send a message to remove-956607818 at ezinedirector.net

You will receive an automated message confirming your request.

If your email address changes after you subscribe

Send email to editor at musesmuse.com with "musesnews address change" in the subject header. Clearly specify your old email address and your new email address.

The Muse's News back issues:
----------------------------------
Indexed back issues are available at:
http://www.musesmuse.com/musenews.html

E-mail contact
--------------
Submissions and queries:
editor at musesmuse.com
(Please put "Submission" or "Query" somewhere in the subject of your message)

Classified submissions & rate information:
adinfo at musesmuse.com

Editor (Jodi Krangle):
editor at musesmuse.com

When do I receive my first issue?
---------------------------------
If you don't receive your first issue of The Muse's News within three to four weeks after sending a subscription request, then something went wrong.  Try subscribing again (if you're already subscribed, you'll receive a message telling you so), or contact me.

How big are issues?
-------------------
Size of issues average 30-40k. Yes, they are on the long side.  There's lots of information in them! If you are using an online service (like AOL) that limits email message sizes, your issues may arrive as attached files instead of email messages.

How do I submit articles/Market Info suggestions?
Articles for feature spots should be no more than 800 words in length. I can't guarantee I'll use every submission I receive, but I can guarantee I'll give the matter serious consideration.  I'll contact you directly to let you know if I'll be using the article or review.

Market information or Songwriting Contest
listings can be submitted and will be considered for free
inclusion.  The ideal format for such listings is a heading in all caps, with a paragraph of text including a url to check out for more information.

How do I submit a book/product for review?
We always welcome songwriting-related books/products for potential review. However, please note the following:

(1) Sending a book does not guarantee a review to be published in The Muse's News. Because of limited time and space, I only publish reviews of books I believe to be of special value to songwriters.

(2) Please do not ask when your book will be reviewed. I will contact the publishers/authors of books whose reviews will be published in The Muse's News and let them know in advance.

General Policies
----------------
Subscribers are welcome to recirculate or reprint The Muse's News for nonprofit use as long as the appropriate credit is given and the entire text of the newsletter is included (including credits and information at the end of each issue). Other cases should contact me at editor at musesmuse.com.

Please do NOT use the subscriber list for mass-mailing purposes (don't bother trying, it won't work). Anyone attempting to do so will have his/her subscription terminated immediately.

Finally, please note that I will never give away or sell The Muse's News subscriber list for any reason.

Now, since you're obviously interested in improving your
songwriting and/or musicianship and in getting more involved in the songwriting community out there on the 'net along with possibly promoting your work, here are a few locations on The Muse's Muse that you might want to check out:

===========
ARTIST SPOTLIGHTS:
http://www.musesmuse.com/artistspotlights.html

At the url above, you'll find a bunch of great musicians and songwriters listed with a graphic of their CD or something that represents their music, a description of the music they create, their genre, and a link to their website.  How can you get YOUR music featured there?

Have a look at http://www.musesmuse.com/spotlightinfo.html for more details. No, the service isn't free, but most of the site is and this just helps keep it that way.  In any case, the fee is designed to be basically pocket change for most folks.  A mention in this newsletter is included in the month your spotlight is introduced, and having a link from The Muse's Muse to your website should give it a nice big boost in the search engines too - so it's well worth it!

Contact me if you're interested in participating.

THE SONGWRITING STORE ON THE MUSE'S MUSE
http://www.musesmuse.com/songwriting-store.html

The Songwriting Store is filled with many useful educational and helpful items and services for busy songwriters.  It's well worth checking out and you'll frequently find discounts on these various products and services that you won't find anywhere else!

I hope you enjoy this newsletter!  If you have any questions, feel free to email me.  I'll be happy to talk with you.

All the best,

--Jodi

This message has been sent to you because the email address ports at freebsd.org entered by the individual at 193.207.168.126 was used for a subscription request to The Muse's News Songwriting Newsletter at www.musesmuse.com/musenews.html. If you did not subscribe to The Muse's News Songwriting Newsletter please contact us immediately by replying to this email.