portsdb and portupgrade causes errors

whitevamp whitevamp47 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 24 00:36:01 PST 2004

I origanely post this about 2 1/2 hrs ago to ( freebsd-ports at freebsd.org ) this list but it looks like it didnt go through .. so if dose happen to go through latter and theres a dubble posting  to this .. sorry about that if it happens ..

i have been seeing in the post about this getting fixed and so i recvsd up and then had to make fetchindex  agine becouse it wiped out INDEX-5 and i still get this error

i have recently updated my system to 5.3 frrom 4.9 and now every time i goto run portsdb ,  portupgrade , or  pkg_uninstall . i get the same error message.and i also have a nother 5.3 box that was a fresh install of 5.3 thats getting the same error
and i have cd into /ports and ran make fetchindex .. and im still getting the same error message
and i also have just ran pkg_deinstall mozilla-gtk2 and i get this error here as well

I have checked this and iam doing a cvsup src all , and i have no refuse files in any one of the conf files IE: make.conf , pkgtools.conf
(INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)
and i have wiped out my intire ports tree IE: /usr/ports/*  , and recvsuped it
with the same error showing up

so what would be giveing me this exact same error on both boxes??
portsdb -Ufu
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..fr-mozilla-flp-1.7.3_1: "/usr/ports/www/mozilla-gtk2" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
===> french/mozilla-flp failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
report the failure to ports at FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
failed to generate INDEX!
portsdb: index generation error

vampextream# uname -a
FreeBSD vampextream.com 5.3-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p2 #3: Wed Dec  8 20:33:13 PST 2004     root at vampextream.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VAMPEXTREAM  i386

vampextream# awk 'NF > 0 && $1 !~ /^#/' /home/dave/ports-supfile
*default host=cvsup5.us.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release= cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
ports-all

vampextream# awk 'NF > 0 && $1 !~ /^#/' /etc/make.conf
BDECFLAGS=      -W -Wall -ansi -pedantic -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align \
                -Wcast-qual -Wchar-subscripts -Winline \
                -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith \
                -Wredundant-decls -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings
INSTALL=install -C
NO_I4B= true    # do not build isdn4bsd package
NO_LPR= true    # do not build lpr and related programs
NO_SENDMAIL=    true    # do not build sendmail and related programs
COMPAT1X=       yes
COMPAT20=       yes
COMPAT21=       yes
COMPAT22=       yes
COMPAT3X=       yes
COMPAT4X=       yes
MASTER_SORT_REGEX?=     ://[^/]*\.ea[/.]
MAKE_KERBEROS5= yes
DOC_LANG=       en_US.ISO8859-1 ru_RU.KOI8-R
PERL_VER=5.8.5
PERL_VERSION=5.8.5
PERL_ARCH=mach
NOPERL=yo
NO_PERL=yo
NO_PERL_WRAPPER=yo

vampextream# awk 'NF > 0 && $1 !~ /^#/' /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf
module PkgConfig
  ENV['PORTSDIR'] ||= '/usr/ports'
  ENV['PACKAGES'] ||= ENV['PORTSDIR'] + '/packages'
  ENV['PKG_PATH'] ||= ENV['PACKAGES'] + '/All'
  SANITY_CHECK = true
  IGNORE_CATEGORIES = [
     ]
  EXTRA_CATEGORIES = [
  ]
  HOLD_PKGS = [
    'bsdpan-*',
    'CGatePro-*',
  ]
     USE_PKGS_ONLY = [
       'x11*/XFree86*',
       '*openoffice*',
     ]
  USE_PKGS = [
  ]
  ALT_PKGDEP = {
  }
  MAKE_ARGS = {
  }
   BEFOREBUILD = {
   }
     BEFOREDEINSTALL = {
       '*' => proc { |origin|
         cmd_stop_rc(origin)
       },
       'mail/postfix*' => localbase() + '/sbin/postfix stop',
     }
  AFTERINSTALL = {
       'x11-servers/XFree86-4-Server' => sprintf('cd %s/bin && if [ -x Xwrapper-4 ]; then ln -sf Xwrapper-4 X; fi', x11base()),
       '*' => proc { |origin|
         cmd_start_rc(origin)
       },
       'databases/mysql323-server' => proc { |origin|
         cmd_enable_rc(origin) + ';' + cmd_start_rc(origin)
       },
       'mail/postfix*' => localbase() + '/sbin/postfix start',
     }
     PKG_SITES = [
       pkg_site_builder(true),
       pkg_site_builder(),
       pkg_site_mirror(),
       pkg_site_primary(),
     ]
     PORTUPGRADE_ARGS = ENV['PORTUPGRADE'] || \
       '-v -D -l /var/tmp/portupgrade.results ' + \
       '-L /var/tmp/portupgrade-%s::%s.log'
end

if theres any othere information that you need just let me know .

and thankx inadvance for any help on this issue , .