FreeBSD Port: firefox-1.0_5,1

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Thu Dec 23 07:56:38 PST 2004

> >===>   firefox-1.0_5,1 depends on shared library: atk-1.0.600 - not found
> >===>   Verifying install for atk-1.0.600 in /usr/ports/accessibility/atk
> >===>   Returning to build of firefox-1.0_5,1

Unless there is a good reason (and usually there is not), a port should not
require a particular version of a shared library.

Consider the attached diff for an example -- I don't mean to pick up on gnome
in particular.

As of about two years ago it is even possible to use ranges and other
expressions in the first parts of LIB_DEPENDS tuples.

	-mi