Problem Building Gnomevfs2

Dave Tweten tweten at nas.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 23 01:04:59 PST 2004

Help!  I have two identical ThinkPads.  One has been kept up-to-date.
I'm trying to update the ports on the other from about 6 months ago to
current.  Compilation of gnomevfs2 always fails with an @INCLUDE_des@
stuck in the compile command for ne_request.c.

Gnomevfs2 builds flawlessly on the machine that has been kept
up-to-date.  Both machines have gimp and gnumeric on them, which bring
in lots of Gnome-related libraries.  Both machines have vintage Monday
/usr/ports trees.  /etc/make.conf is the same on both machines.

I read /usr/ports/UPDATING.  It didn't seem that using the Gnome update
script would be required because I don't run the Gnome desktop, just
some GNU utilities that drag in Gnome libraries.  Instead of the Gnome
desktop, I continue to use the plain X root window, managed by twm.

I concluded that the easiest way  to accomplish the update would be to
pkg_delete all things Gnome from my out-of-date machine, including gimp
and gnumeric, and build them again from scratch.  I thought that would
produce the same effect as an initial installation.  Unfortunately,
nothing I do gets rid of the @INCLUDE_des@ in gnomevfs2 on the machine
I'm updating.

What do I need to do to get rid of the @INCLUDE_des@?  Clues will be
appreciated.
M/S 258-5                |1024-bit PGP fingerprint:|tweten at nas.nasa.gov
NASA Ames Research Center| 41 B0 89 0A  8F 94 6C 59|     (650) 604-4416
Moffett Field, CA  94035 | 7C 80 10 20  25 C7 2F E6|FAX: (650) 604-4377
Not an official NASA position; you can't even be certain who sent this!