FreeBSD Port: xmbibtex-1.5

Rob Lahaye lahaye at snu.ac.kr
Wed Dec 22 19:14:05 PST 2004

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 04:19:26PM +0900, Rob wrote:
>>
>> Newer version 1.7 exists.
>>
>> The newer version also solves this problem
>> in the Makefile:
>>
>> .if ${OSVERSION} >= 500113
>> BROKEN=         "Does not compile (bad C++ code)"
>> .endif
>
> This port is unmaintained.  Can you please submit an update?

I had a brief email exchange with the author of this software.
He has switched to Microsoft software (Windows + MS-Word), and
does not do any development of xmbibtex anymore.
Probably release 1.7 will be the terminal release, until someone
else picks up. Not me, though.

So I suggest to update the port, leave it unmaintained for now,
as also the development is unmaintained.

Rob.