Getting flash working with Firefox
nork at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 22 16:37:42 PST 2004
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:28:59 -0500
Daniel Frazier <dfrazier at glengroup.com> wrote:
> > 2) Where is this documented? I didn't see anything in the port. I had to
> > cruise all over the web just to find out where to copy the linux flash
> > plugin etc in order to find out it doesn't work anyway.
> there's a howto available at
> http://forums.bsdnexus.com/viewtopic.php?t=157 that you might find
Hum.. This document is too old. Because, as it is now,
1. '2. add WITH_LIBMAP=yes to /etc/make.conf'
It inspects whether linuxpluginwrapper port needs to update
rtld. So please follow port's message.
2. '4. cd /usr/ports/devel/linuxthreads && make install clean'
No more linuxthreads.
3. '6. edit the Makefile and comment out the following 3 lines:'
Please define WITHOUT_PLUGINS macro if you need.
4. '8. create a libmap.conf in /etc and add the following to it'
SEE ALSO: sample of libmap.conf in exampledir. Please look at
`pkg_info -D linuxpluginwrapper-\*' for details.
5. '9. now restart X (I'm not positive this is necessary, but the howto said so, so I figured it was)'
I think no need. But, as possible as, restart browser.
What can be said in all is already included in linuxpluginwrapper
port:-). Is still document required? I don't think so, but
if flash6(or flash7) is used by native browsers, it advertize
that there is installation necessity about linuxpluginwrapper.
More information about the freebsd-ports