Getting flash working with Firefox

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 22 16:37:42 PST 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:28:59 -0500
Daniel Frazier <dfrazier at glengroup.com> wrote:
> > 2) Where is this documented?  I didn't see anything in the port.  I had to
> >    cruise all over the web just to find out where to copy the linux flash
> >    plugin etc in order to find out it doesn't work anyway.
> there's a howto available at
> http://forums.bsdnexus.com/viewtopic.php?t=157 that you might find
> helpful...

	Hum.. This document is too old.  Because, as it is now,

	1. '2. add WITH_LIBMAP=yes to /etc/make.conf'
	  It inspects whether linuxpluginwrapper port needs to update
	  rtld.  So please follow port's message.

	2. '4. cd /usr/ports/devel/linuxthreads && make install clean'
	  No more linuxthreads.

	3. '6. edit the Makefile and comment out the following 3 lines:'
	  Please define WITHOUT_PLUGINS macro if you need.

	4. '8. create a libmap.conf in /etc and add the following to it'
	  SEE ALSO: sample of libmap.conf in exampledir.  Please look at
	  `pkg_info -D linuxpluginwrapper-\*' for details.

	5. '9. now restart X (I'm not positive this is necessary, but the howto said so, so I figured it was)'
	  I think no need.  But, as possible as, restart browser.

	What can be said in all is already included in linuxpluginwrapper
	port:-).  Is still document required?  I don't think so, but
	if flash6(or flash7) is used by native browsers, it advertize
	that there is installation necessity about linuxpluginwrapper.