Installing Apache 2 and PHP5 from packages on 4.10-R

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Mon Dec 20 12:11:02 PST 2004

Brett Glass wrote:

>Matthew Seaman sent instructions for setting some environment
>variables to make the ports do the right thing. Alas, they
>didn't work -- perhaps due to the detritus from my previous
>installation attempts.
>
>Here's what I ultimately did. I did a fresh install of the OS, then
>installed the version of MySQL that the PHP ports seemed to want so
>that they'd find it. I then built the PHP4 (not PHP5) port (which took
>forever, because it insisted on bringing in everything from Bison
>to M4 to GNU gettext). It, in turn, brought in the older version of
>Apache that it "wanted."
>
>Admittedly, I was letting the port maintainers' preferences influence
>what I did, but I didn't have time to sort out all of the dependencies or
>figure out exactly what was going wrong. I needed to get the server up
>ASAP.
>
>Perhaps the maintainers of these ports could provide better instructions
>for a foolproof install, since PHP, MySQL, and Apache are so often installed
>together. Maybe the best thing to do is to create ports or packages that
>are explicit combinations of specific versions of each. (I would have
>liked PHP5, Apache 2, and the most recent solid release of MySQL on this
>machine, but for now it was not to be.)
>
>--Brett

Just set some options in your /etc/make.conf file.

# /etc/make.conf
WITHOUT_X11=    yes

# mailman
MAIL_GID=nobody

# openldap
WITH_DYNAMIC_BACKENDS=yes
WITH_DYNGROUP=yes
WITH_PROXYCACHE=yes
WITH_PERL=yes
WITH_SHELL=yes
WITH_SASL=yes

# courier/maildrop
WITH_MAILDIRQUOTA=yes
WITH_TRASHQUOTA=yes
WITH_MYSQL=yes

# apache
WITH_APACHE2=yes

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Key Fingerprint: 07C7 BF05 4176 F50B A083  4542 0118 1315 761F D300