libtool, not installing .la files?

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Mon Dec 13 09:03:03 PST 2004

What are the current hacks to avoid installing .la files?

My libogg and libvorbis ports used to not install .la files.  Now
I'm getting mail from kris' scripts that the libogg port misses
libogg.la from its plist.  Wondering why I get no report for
libvorbis, I checked that port only to see that kris has already
added the .la files to the plist there.

Apparently the libtool changes in recent months have changed things,
but in between USE_LIBTOOL_VER, USE_INC_LIBTOOL_VER, and USE_GNOME=lthack
I'm lost.  What's the proper way to deal with a port that uses
libtool to build its libraries?  How to skip .la?

Is this documented anywhere?

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de