"Being a port maintainer" document

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun Dec 12 18:06:14 PST 2004

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> I'd like to put out a general call for people to volunteer to maintain
> our unmaintained ports -- this is a great way for users to "give
> something back" to FreeBSD and help out the project -- but we need
> some form of document we can show them that lists the rights and
> responsibilities of port maintainers, so they have an idea of what's
> expected from them.

For anyone who's interested: you can use portsmon to show the state of
all the unmaintained ports.  _warning_: with 3000+ rows, this HTML page
is very slow to load!

http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portsconcordanceformaintainer.py?maintainer=ports@FreeBSD.org

There is also a page that shows PRs for unmaintained ports:

http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portsprsunmaintained.py

It's got < 100 rows, so it's not nearly so bad :-)

mcl