help with pkg_add fix (Was Re: FreeBSD ports that you maintain which are currently marked broken)

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Tue Dec 7 12:19:21 PST 2004

+----[ linimon at FreeBSD.org <linimon at FreeBSD.org> (05.Dec.2004 08:03):

| portname:           biology/embassy
| broken because:     Broken distinfo file
| build errors:
| http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-errorlogs/e.4.2004112606/embassy-2.9.0.log (Dec  5 00:22:03 GMT 2004)
| overview:           http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portoverview.py?category=biology&portname=embassy

+----]

Hi!

I think I fixed this error. It was caused by the port not
having any default distfile, all the distfiles were set after
OPTIONS, which quite understandably were not set when BATCH=yes.
Seems like it escaped me (and I suppose also the committer)
since I already had saved options under /var/dp/ports.

Now I have set all WITH_* vars by default so that the
corresponding distfiles are added to DISTFILES, checked,
etc.

I will send the patch using send-pr whenever I get to solve
a pkg_add issue: right now the pkg is created w/o problems,
but upon pkg_add, it fails:

[fernan at pi] setenv PREFIX /usr/tmp/ports
[fernan at pi] setenv PKG_DBDIR /usr/tmp/pkgdb
[fernan at pi] setenv BATCH yes
[fernan at pi] pkg_add -p ${PREFIX}
/usr/ports/packages/All/embassy-2.9.0.tgz
pkg_add: could not find package png-1.2.7 !
pkg_add: could not find package pkgconfig-0.15.0_1 !
pkg_add: could not find package perl-5.6.1_15 !
pkg_add: could not find package open-motif-2.2.3 !
pkg_add: could not find package jpeg-6b_3 !
pkg_add: could not find package imake-4.4.0 !
pkg_add: could not find package gd-2.0.33_1,1 !
pkg_add: could not find package freetype2-2.1.7_3 !
pkg_add: could not find package fontconfig-2.2.3,1 !
pkg_add: could not find package expat-1.95.8 !
pkg_add: could not find package emboss-2.9.0 !
pkg_add: could not find package XFree86-libraries-4.4.0_2 !

except for emboss (declared explicitly as a dependency in
the embassy port), I believe all others are dependencies of emboss.

Is this happening because I'm using a different prefix for
testing? (ie dependencies are actually in LOCALBASE)

Maybe I need to declare these explicitly as dependencies?

Thanks in advance for any tip or suggestion,

Fernan