'dynamic' options questions

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Tue Dec 7 11:53:33 PST 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 02:44:21PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> Stijn Hoop wrote:
> | Now I don't consider myself as typical but right now there is no way of
> | getting evolution support in net/gaim without first installing
> | evolutiondataserver.
>
> That's absolutely not true.  You can define WITH_GNOME=yes in
> /etc/make.conf, or WITH_GNOME=evolutiondataserver in /etc/make.conf, and
> gaim will automatically include e-d-s support.

Ooooh! Shiny & new (well for me)!

Thanks for the pointer. Which (make)file can I read for more of this good
stuff?

> | And maybe, if net/gaim gets installed via x11/gnome2 or some other
> | metaport this is always the case. But the point is that on e.g. a package
> | build jail this won't be necessarily. And I can't force the port to turn
> | it on.
>
> You can based on what I said above.  I thought I had enabled e-d-s
> support by default when package building, but apparently I only did that
> for gnomepanel.

Understood. Like I said, it's not up to me to decide all default dependencies;
if most people that install net/gaim won't have evolution this is of course
correct.

So, is there a way to say WITH_GNOME=everythinggnomehastooffer in some way?

:-D

Thanks,

--Stijn

--
I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.  There's a knob
called `brightness', but it doesn't work."