have 'autoconf259', but no 'autoconf'

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Tue Dec 7 03:08:58 PST 2004

Hello,

using ports, I got several versions of autoconf and friends
installed as dependencies. Now I have autoconf259, autoconfXXX,
automakeXXX etc, but no 'autoconf', automake' etc. This confuses
some ./configure's of third party software.

Of course, I can symlink /usr/local/bin/autoconf259
to /usr/local/bin/autoconf (which I did),  all that I am
asking is whether there is some canonical way to do this
via the ports system ('always link the newest installed autoconfXXX
to 'autoconf') which I possibly overlooked ...

	Thanks

		Jan