Perl ports with pkg-plist errors

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 4 17:23:02 PST 2004

Dear perl port maintainer,

One or more ports you maintain are listed at

  http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-6-latest-logs/extras.html

as having an incomplete pkg-plist.  Note that since these 'extra'
files are not listed in the pkg-plist, they will not be included in
the package, so the package distributed on the freebsd ftp sites is
incomplete and may even be non-functional without them.

Since many of these errors are long-standing, I'm planning to phase in
making it a fatal error to leave behind files after port
deinstallation (i.e. your package will not appear on the ftp site,
you'll get reminder emails about the package failure, and after
several months your port may eventually be removed from the ports
collection).  To this end, I'll be starting with ports that leave
behind files in usr/local/lib/perl5/, beginning in a week or so.

Can you please visit the above URL, search for your email address, and
work on the pkg-plist problems listed therein?  If you need help in
fixing your port(s), please contact the ports at FreeBSD.org or
perl at FreeBSD.org mailing lists.  Once you have a fix ready, please
submit it via send-pr(1) in the usual way.

The ports you maintain are listed below:

PDL-2.4.1
p5-Gnome2-Canvas-1.00_3
p5-HTML-SimpleLinkExtor-1.06
p5-IO-Util-1.26