[kris@FreeBSD.org: cvs commit: ports/sysutils/munin-node Makefile]

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sat Dec 4 12:19:46 PST 2004

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 11:09:21AM +0100, Lupe Christoph wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I don't understand why you had to do this. I PR'ed a patch that corrects
> this on 20. November. I updated this PR after some discussion with
> Sergey Matveychuk on 26 November. Nothing has happened since then until
> you choose to mark the port broken rather than patch it.
>
> I have already two jobs and have very little time left. Nevertheless I
> sacrificed my precious free time to follow up on Sergey's mails in a
> timely manner. I fail to see what else I could have done to prevent
> munin-node from being marked broken.

It's not a reflection on you at all, you already did your part.  But
the simple fact remains that the version of the ports in the ports
tree *is* broken, and users *will* encounter problems if they try to
build it.  Marking the port BROKEN is a courtesy to the users, so they
don't waste time on a futile exercise.

Thanks for submitting the fix so quickly, and sorry it hasn't yet made
it into the tree.

> Lupe Christoph
>
> PS: Your key is expired:
> gpg: Signature made Sat 04 Dec 2004 03:12:46 AM CET using DSA key ID 68E840A5
> gpg: Good signature from "Kris Kennaway <kris at FreeBSD.org>"
> gpg: Note: This key has expired!
> Primary key fingerprint: E65D 0E7D 7E16 B212 1BD6  39EE 5ABC B405 68E8 40A5

You can fetch an updated copy by fingering kris at FreeBSD.org or the
handbook (the copy on the public keyservers is corrupt, and I cannot
update it).

Kris