portupgrade having problems bootstrapping new ports?

Daniel Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Fri Aug 27 11:21:50 PDT 2004

Anyone else have problems using portupgrade on a freshly
installed system?  One of the first things I do is:

	# cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade
	# make all install

then use portupgrade to install all the other ports I need
with something like 'portupgrade -NR foo/bar'.

No matter what I tried, 'portupgrade -NR net/samba3' did
nothing.  It went off and thought for a bit, then came back
with the prompt -- no errors.  I tried net/samba (samba-2.x)
and that worked.  After I manually built and installed
samba3, 'portupgrade -fNR net/samba3' worked.

Anyone else have problems like this?  This is on a very
recent -current (6.0) with a freshly checked out ports
tree.

--
Dan Eischen