PHP4 Options file ?

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Thu Aug 26 20:51:07 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 12:01:47AM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Under the old system, I could define a PHP4_OPTFILE in /etc/make.conf so
> that I didn't have to remember what options I had set across upgrades ...
> that no longer appears to work with the new PHP4 format ...
>
> Is there any way of doing it now?
>
> I checked the Makefile, and noticed the OPTIONFILE directive, but when I
> tried to change my make.conf to use that, and it still built everything
> that I didn't want :(

Run "make config" in lang/php4-extensions and then build it with BATCH
defined in the future.

> Also, if that is it, can it be changed to something that is a bit more PHP
> specific like it used to be, so that there is little chance of another
> port using the same thing?

You generally shouldn't be messing with OPTIONSFILE, in fact the
generated files say:

# This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
# No user-servicable parts inside!

I'm not sure why the port defines it with =?.

-- Brooks