PHP4 Options file ?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Aug 26 20:01:49 PDT 2004

Under the old system, I could define a PHP4_OPTFILE in /etc/make.conf so
that I didn't have to remember what options I had set across upgrades ...
that no longer appears to work with the new PHP4 format ...

Is there any way of doing it now?

I checked the Makefile, and noticed the OPTIONFILE directive, but when I
tried to change my make.conf to use that, and it still built everything
that I didn't want :(

Also, if that is it, can it be changed to something that is a bit more PHP
specific like it used to be, so that there is little chance of another
port using the same thing?

----