make index fails

Barney Wolff barney at databus.com
Tue Aug 24 00:22:06 PDT 2004

The french/mozilla-flp includes /usr/ports/www/mozex/Makefile.xpi, which
has a dangerous technique for finding the name of the mozilla port -
it picks the first directory under /usr/X11R6/lib that contains a
mozilla-bin.  But a poor user (such as myself :) may have put a backup
copy of mozilla there, when having trouble updating it, under an
arbitrary name.

In my case, I had mozilla-gtk2 there dating from back when that was one
of the mozilla portnames.  But since /usr/ports/www/mozilla-gtk2 no
longer exists, make index fails.  mozex & french/mozilla-flp might also fail,
but I didn't try them.  (rm -rf /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla-gtk2 allowed
make index to complete.)

Is there a reason INDEX and INDEX-5 are no longer updated ~ once a month?
I don't recall hearing about it on -current or -stable, and don't subscribe
to -ports.  Will there be an INDEX-6?

Thanks,
Barney