dspam on freebsd questions and comments

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Mon Aug 23 04:49:56 PDT 2004

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:22:29 -0700
"Edward Sanford Sutton, III" <mirror176 at aol.com> wrote:

>    I'm running freebsd-5.2.1-release-i386 and configured dspam to be
> called from procmail and use mysql for the database.
>
> I don't remember  the specific configuration options I selected and do
> not know how to  recall the configuration screen make called up the
> first time or where the files are that it wrote.

make showconfig - show what you've chosen
make rmconfig - deleted that configuration
make config - you know by now ;)

The OPTIONS are saved in /var/db/ports/_port_name_/options

> That was about three weeks ago that it  (dspam 3.0.0) was built. I had
> trouble in that after passing a message through it, the message was
> always left unmodified. That has left me without knowing of a way to
> submit errors, but the following procmail statement allowed for
> passing the message through dspam like should have worked (which is
> resulting in database changes, but the message stays unmodified) and
> that is followed by a test as to what dspam reports the message to be
> since the entire message remains unmodified:
>
> :0fw
> | /usr/local/bin/dspam --user $LOGNAME --mode=teft
> --feature=chained,noise --stdout --deliver=innocent,spam
> :0:
> * ? /usr/local/bin/dspam --user $LOGNAME --mode=teft
> --feature=chained,noise --stdout --deliver=innocent,spam --classify |
> grep Spam
> $HOME/Spam
>
> After feeding in corpuses of spam and nonspam that i saved up, its not
> perfect, but quite accurate based on the content that it had to learn
> from.
>    I haven't heard of the problem where it doesn't modify the message
> and this has been the best solution that I've been able to come up
> with. My last idea is to try moving to the port dspam-devel so I
> thought I would see if you had any advice.

There are no differences regarding your problem the -devel
fixes. Please report the part of the email regarding your problem on
dspam list adding the output of dspam --version and
/var/db/ports/dspam/options and I'll try to help you there.

> saw that might be worth looking at in the ports files:
>
>    CGI has a typo in ports/mail/dspam-devel/pkg-message as GCI.

Thanks.

>    ports/mail/dspam/README.html says thet portname is dspam-2.7.1
> with dom at wirespeed.org.uk as the maintainer's meail address.

Not my fault :)
# cd /usr/ports/mail/dspam/ && make readme

>    dspam-devel/ does not have README.html and pkg-install

Not my fault:
# cd /usr/ports/mail/dspam/ && make readme

If you have time do this in /usr/ports or use sysutils/portindex

The pkg-install is not needed and will disappear in dspam port too.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"