newbie porter questions

David Syphers dsyphers at u.washington.edu
Sat Aug 21 17:57:19 PDT 2004

On Saturday 21 August 2004 05:51 pm, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 17:17:00 -0700
> > First, I have a script that does the installation. I call it with a
> > do-install in the Makefile, '@(cd ${SCRIPTDIR} && ./mod_install)'.
>
> Is this really necessarily ?

I'm not sure... I decided to use the original install script and just modify
it, but now that I have a better idea of what's going on, I may just not use
it at all.

> > Lastly, I've modified the install scripts that come with the program
> > so that they're no longer interactive. However, they become
> > interactive if there's a failure - rather than just fail, they try to
> > get useful input from the user so they can continue. In this case,
> > should I define IS_INTERACTIVE? If I do, but want to enable package
> > builds, what's the right way of doing:
> >
> > .if (!defined(PACKAGE_BUILDING))
> >        IS_INTERACTIVE= yes
> > .endif
> >
> > The code is wrong, of course, but I don't know what the right way is.
> > I assume it's obvious to humans what I'm trying to do, if not
> > computers...
>
> Should work without parenthesis. On the other hand it shouldn't fail :)

Fails with:
"Makefile", line 19: Unassociated shell command "IS_INTERACTIVE=        yes"
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

> What port is it ?

Two, actually: IRAF (http://iraf.noao.edu) and X11IRAF.

Thanks for the help.

-David