FreeBSD ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sat Aug 21 05:43:26 PDT 2004

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Mathieu Arnold wrote:

> +-le 20/08/2004 00:58 -0500, linimon at FreeBSD.org écrivait :
> | portname:           databases/gnats
>
> Remind me what version of gnats we run ? :-)

I've noted my objection to the removal of this port.  If you use
gnats4 but want to mirror the repository, you have to do some
conversion work (the format of the internal index file is different
so you must generate it yourself).

> | portname:           mail/postfix20
>
> I feel it's wrong to remove it so early, many people are still using postfix
> 1.2, and I think people will continue to run 2.0 for a long time.

Well, I'm neutral on this.  IIRC the previous maintainer suggested
a 4-month timeout.  Should we simply remove the date and leave it
as merely DEPRECATED?

mcl