FreeBSD ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

Clement Laforet sheepkiller at cultdeadsheep.org
Fri Aug 20 12:30:09 PDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:01:13 +0200
Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com> wrote:

> If we could find an agreement that this is The Right Thing To Do(tm),
> it should be usable for every apache version.
I started "Apache modules and servers porting", to define what are The
Right Things To Do(tm), it will be available for review soon.

> > If we can "impose" an apxs patch, we can use it to detect installed
> > (a -port option to apxs)
>
> An option is more problematic than an environment variable, since you
> have to patch the ports Makefiles for it. OTOH this is fine with me
> when it is more convenient.
We can adopt a different approch: like perl port, to be sure that
APACHE_PORT is set. We'll see...

> > It should be discussed on apache@, during the freeze ;-).
>
> Whenever you want. I guess it will suffice when most of the
> */apache[12]* port maintainers agree. Still looking for subscribers?
That's the challenge, making people look in the same direction ;-)

clem