FreeBSD ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

Clement Laforet sheepkiller at cultdeadsheep.org
Fri Aug 20 09:12:44 PDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:43:39 +0200
Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com> wrote:

> Clement Laforet wrote:
>
> > you can use www/apache2/Makefile.modules.3rd to avoid that.
> > You have several examples in ports tree to know how (non-)flexible
> > is this solution.
>
> It seems like every port using www/apache2/Makefile.modules.3rd is
> inherently not PREFIX save.

Can you please point me where I made a mistake?
IMHO, Makefile.modules.3rd is more than PREFIX-safe, since a apache
module (installed via apxs) will never use ${PREFIX} to install its
module, it use apxs -q prefix which is a kind of "APACHEBASE".
On a classic port, make install PREFIX=/var/tmp/ports/${PORTNAME}
will blows up your plist, with my hacks you can avoid that.

> a) It lists files installed in ${LOCALBASE}, although they should be
> installed the ${PREFIX}
there are different levels of use of Makefile.modules.3rd:
1. detecting major apache version, and where your module will be
installed (APXS_PREFIX)
2. AP_FAST_BUILD which peforms simple builds
3. AP_GENPLIST which gives you to have a "good" plist.
4. server side routines (mainly modules selection)
5. various checks and tricks to make my life easier ;)

> b) It assumes that apxs is in ${PREFIX}/sbin, although this should be
> ${LOCALBASE}
I only use PREFIX for server macros (which is the correct behavior) and
for plist generation (to fall back to PREFIX for add-ons in plist like
PORTDOCS).
As I can see:
APXS?=          ${LOCALBASE}/sbin/apxs
and after that I use apxs to define APXS_PREFIX (APACHEBASE), which
prevents setting LOCALBASE (how can you deal with 2 apache and one
mysql?)

> could you please fix this?
Since I believe that your expertise is better than mine, please tell
where I made a mistake. Until that, I trust the dozens of various builds
I've done.

clem