Requiring LSOF as a run_depends

Aaron Dalton aaron at daltons.ca
Sun Aug 15 11:07:37 PDT 2004

I have a port that requires LSOF to run.  After doing a quick search I
found three other ports that require lsof.  The ports www/caudium12 and
security/doorman use the same syntax, namely:
RUN_DEPENDS= lsof:${PORTSDIR}/sysutils/lsof/

However, I also found another port (sysutils/tcplist) that uses a slightly
different syntax:
RUN_DEPENDS= ${LOCALBASE}/sbin/lsof:${PORTSDIR}/sysutils/lsof

Is there a "correct" way that I should follow?  Or does it really matter?  It
seems to me that the first way requires LSOF to be in the user's path whereas
the second is more forgiving, but is it accurate?

Thanks for your time!
--
Aaron Dalton
http://aaron.daltons.ca