games/quakeserver broken because of unregistered user

Christopher Nehren apeiron at comcast.net
Tue Aug 10 10:37:27 PDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 11:36:27 EDT, David Booth scribbled these
curious markings:
> For single user quake on FreeBSD, take a look at the quakeforge port.

Wow. I *completely* missed the nq-* binaries. I have had QuakeForge
installed for a while, but I wasn't about to run a program that I
couldn't identify. I even went looking through their website and their
documentation (numerous times!) and didn't see any mention of them. A
grep in the documentation tree doesn't reveal anything, either.

Thanks! :)

pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-