-Current build problems with audio/arts: "lt-mcopidl in free(): error: chunk is already free" and core dumped

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Mon Aug 9 15:21:04 PDT 2004

On Monday 09 August 2004 23:12, P.D. Seniura wrote:

> And so that brings me to a question about these
> packages being built on the build-farms -- the logs
> at rabarber shows being linked against /usr/local/lib
> on _that_ machine -- is /usr/local/lib on _that_
> machine a fresh build of a 5-current world?

Each package is built in a chroot jail, which is populated with a bindist (the
'distribution' tarballs you get on a FreeBSD installation cd and which are
extracted by sysinstall) and (earlier built) dependency packages. After the
package is built, the chroot jail is deleted and a new one is created for the
next packagebuild.

The bindist we are using is a -CURRENT snapshot made by
http://snapshots.se.freebsd.org, from August, 1st.

Just to make sure I absolutely get this right: The mcopidl binary from _our
package_ does coredump on your machine? That's plain weird. :-\

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org