upgrading ports

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 6 11:56:46 PDT 2004

>> (08.05.2004 @ 1654 PST): Dancho Penev said, in 0.8K: <<
> Hi everybody,
>
> I wonder why ports system haven't possibilities for automatically upgrade ?
> Do you have anything against ? or
> It's like that because nobody doesn't create them yet, and everybody
> use portupgrade.
>> end of "upgrading ports" from Dancho Penev <<

portupgrade is a really powerful program. If it weren't for the fact
that it's written in ruby, it would most likely be distributed as part
of the ports system. portupgrade is what everybody uses, and for that
reason, nobody has written anything else to do what it does.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at magnesium.net || adamw at FreeBSD.org