FreeBSD Port: openoffice-1.1.1

Duane Winner duanewinner at att.net
Thu Aug 5 06:10:54 PDT 2004

Hello,

The openoffice-1.1 port seems to be broken on FreeBSD 5.2.1.

I did a portupgrade on it since pkg_version -v reported that I had 1.1.2
and the port had 1.1.3.

It did not have any problem compiling, but when I try to run it, I get
the following problem  as soon as I click on an openoffice window:

A pop-up window message that reports:

OpenOffice 1.1.2: An unrecoverable error has occurred. All modified
files have been saved and and can probably be recovered at program restart.

If I start openoffice-1.1 from an xterm, I see the following output
after the crash:

crash_report: not found

Fatal exception: signal 11
Stack:
Abort trap (core dumped)

I have replicated this problem on 2 different machines running
5.2.1-RELEASE-p9. One was a via portupgrade, and the other was via
portinstall with no exisiting installation of OpenOffice.
A colleague has also replicated this problem on his machine running the
same release.

I do have a soffice.bin.core that I can send if it would help (21MB,
4.9MB zipped).

Thank you,

Duane Winner
duanewinner at att.net