Porting Mupen 64 to FreeBSD.

Travis Poppe tlp at LiquidX.org
Wed Aug 4 16:27:54 PDT 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 00:51:42 +0200
Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser at chello.cz> wrote:

> # tlp at LiquidX.org / 2004-08-04 10:00:24 -0600:
> > I would like someone else to create the individual ports for all the
> > plugins Mupen 64 uses (without them, the emulator itself is
> > useless).
> >
> > The idea of porting the plugins scares me away every time, even
> > though there are only like 5 or 6 of them. Most of them build with
> > little modification out of the box (or atleast the versions I used
> > in 2003 did).
>
>     What's so scary about the porting then? (honest question)

Each plugin is different and requires separate porting work. It's not so
much that it's scary, but I already maintain 10 or so ports and don't
want to maintain all the individual plugins on my own.

My original idea was to create a single port called mupen64-plugins that
contained them all, and that turned into a huge mess. I suppose that's
the main reason I remember it being scary. Since then I just never got
back to working on the ports again, and decided that if I were to
continue it I'd rather have some help maintaining them.

-tlp