FreeBSD port: wine-20040505

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Tue Aug 3 00:27:49 PDT 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Earl Larsen wrote:
> I went to install Office 2000. And before the installation. I get a small
> window that says.  "Please wait while setup updates the Windows installer on
> your system...". And it just sits their and does nothing.
>
> So what is the name of the updated installer. So I can download and install
> manually.

Sorry, I don't know.  Please ask the Wine mailing lists or the
comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine mailing list.

(This may well be an issue where you are hit by the fact the FreeBSD
support for Wine lags behind GNU/Linux support; also note that due to
changes in recent versions of Wine which conflict with FreeBSD, the
emulators/wine port is not the most up-to-date version of Wine.)

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald at pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/