subversion broken with apache2 now in ports

Clement Laforet clement at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 2 12:47:44 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:02:00 +0400
Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

Hi!

> SM> I'm sorry, it is libapr-0.so.9.  I improperly recalled seeing a
> SM> message about webdav or somesuch.  That must have been another
> SM> problem that was my fault.  Does this mean I can remove the
> SM> /etc/ld-elf.so.conf that has/usr/local/lib/apache2 in it and svn
> SM> will still work?
>  If subversion was builded with WITH_APACHE_APR (or WITH_MOD_WEBDAV),
>  answer is 'NO'. And it is current problem.
>   Subversion ALWAYS uses libapr, and if it uses apache2's one, here
>   are problem, intorduced by apache2's maintainer, when he decided to
>   put `libapr' from apache not to ${PREFIX}/lib.

I never decided that. apr has been in ${PREFIX}/lib/apache2 for ages,
have a look at config.layout file in apache2 tarball, you'll see it's
default layout (currently used). LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set at runtime (see
below).

Discussed error is:
Starting apache2.
Syntax error on line 284 of /usr/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_dav_svn.so into server:
Shared object "libaprutil-0.so.9" not found, required by
"libsvn_repos-1.so.0"

As you said previously, error appeared "around apache2-2.0.49!" to be
more precise: apache-2.0.49_2, when I introduced apache2 RCng startup
script. Previous script used apachectl to start apache2, new one start
directly httpd.
I forgot to add (I committed yesterday this missing part):
if test -f /usr/local/sbin/envvars; then
  . /usr/local/sbin/envvars
fi

which sets LD_LIBRABRY_PATH. No more change between 2.0.49 and 2.0.50.
All previous behaviour was done at run time.

To answer you previous question about what may imply a move from
${PREFIX}/lib/apache2 to ${PREFIX}/lib. AFAIK, no port should be
affected. But I'm a little bit (too much?) reticent to make apr/apache2
ports conflict.
It's a dilemna, and I don't know which choice is the best.

clem